If the appearance of your teeth has you smiling less and feeling insecure, dental bonding may be right for you. Cosmetic dental bonding has the power to instantly transform the appearance of flawed teeth. There are many uses for dental bonding, all of which can help create a smile you'll be happy to show off. Troy cosmetic dentist Keith Kelley provides this summary of dental bonding treatment to highlight the many uses of dental bonding.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry treatment used to conceal dental flaws and repair minor damage. The treatment process is quick, painless, and results are seen instantly. Treatment generally takes 30 minutes per tooth and begins by preparing the tooth. Preparation includes cleaning the teeth and then roughening the surface of the tooth. A rough surface allows for proper adhesion of the bonding material. Once the tooth surface is sufficiently roughened, a layer of tooth-colored composite resin is applied. The resin is cured, or hardened, with a special ultraviolet light and additional layers of resin are applied and cured until the desired amount of resin is applied to the tooth. The hardened, bonded resin is next shaped and polished to create the proper tooth shape and size, completing treatment and improving overall aesthetics.
Dental Bonding Uses
Dental bonding has many uses for restoring dental appearance and health. Many patients choose dental bonding for its painless treatment and instant results, not to mention the confidence boost of a flawless smile. Some of the many uses for dental bonding include:
- Improving the appearance of yellowed, discolored teeth: Deeply stained and discolored teeth can be made to look white with dental bonding treatment.
- Restoring teeth damaged by minor cracks and chips: Teeth damaged by cracks and chips can be restored and further damage prevented with dental bonding.
- Closing gaps between teeth: Dental bonding can be used to instantly close gaps between teeth.
- Repairing cavities and dental decay: Cavities can be filled with dental bonding treatment to create a flawless smile and prevent further decay.
- Correcting the shape of irregular teeth: Misshaped teeth can be corrected with dental bonding treatment. Dental bonding allows for the creation of perfectly shaped teeth.
- Correcting teeth proportions: Not only can dental bonding be used to improve the shape of teeth, it can also be used to correct dental proportions through size correction. Large teeth can be made smaller and smaller teeth can be made larger to create even, proportionally sized teeth.
Find Out if Dental Bonding Is Right for You!
No one should feel like they need to hide the smile. Smiling is known to make us feel happier and appeari friendlier and more approachable to others. For those who feel too embarrassed by dental problems to share their smile, dental bonding can help. To find out more about dental bonding treatment and to schedule a consultation, we invite you to contact Dr. Keith Kelley today! We hope to hear from you soon.